Saturday, May 12, 2007

May 12, 2007

Five weeks from today we will be living in Texas!!! I said we would never move back but things do have a way of changing. We lived there - long ago - for 18 yrs, all three children are Native Texans and our oldest daughter lives there now with her husband and 2 children.

I went out there in April, found a house and started the process. Right now, we are still in NC, trying to pack everything and get ready for this - fast coming move. Monday morning the painters are supposed to be here to paint the interior of the house, then get new carpet in the 3 bedrooms after that and hope and pray that it sells soon. I am exhausted from having to do so much and although I'm on the downhill, there is still one more mountain to climb and that is the garage! YIKES!!!! Really, I'm my packing is in good shape. Everything is packed and ready to go except the clothes in the closets and the kitchen things. Of course, I did start packing boxes back in February! and thank goodness I did!

Hubby is excited about the move and our daughter here with us is too. It will be a new start in a more exciting place. (Let's face it - this part of NC is BORING!!!!!) The No. Dallas area of Texas is much more exciting with far more opportunities waiting for all of us. My life long friend from high school and her family are still out there and we can't wait to be together again. We will be going to the church where Chuck Swindoll preaches and that is super exciting!

I have tons more to do so I will stop for a while and try to update more later.

1 comment:

Digital_Dreamn said...

Yippy! You blogged! I know you are enjoying TX. I can't wait to see you in a few weeks!