Saturday, May 30, 2009

May 30, 2009 blog

Hey everyone,

I know we promised to keep this blog updated & the last time we wrote anything was in 2008. Let me just say we've been busy & just plain forgot about it. Usually it has been mom that began the blog however, she told me tonight... I could take over with the blog so here we go...

Let me start this blog off telling about the latest excursion mom & I took on May 12, 2009 to the Dallas Museum of Art to see the King Tut Exhibit. We had to wait a bit before we could actually get in to go to the exhibit. Once inside we were told to watch a 90-second film on a little background of the boy Pharaoh.

After the film began the 6 room walk through tour starting with artifacts that were belonging to Tut's Father & Grandfather. The last 4 rooms belonged to the artifacts that were actually found in King Tut's tomb which was discovered in 1922 by Howard Carter. Some of the artifacts were statues, furniture, personal items that he had as well as kingly regalia that he wore. The kingly regalia that he wore was awesome, we saw the crook & the flailers that he used. The last room was full of video screens that were talking about & explaining when his mummy was discovered & going through cat scans to determine the age along with other things.

In all the tour took us 2 hrs to go through. It was awesome for me because my interest in Egypt began when I was in elementary school & I still love that interest even now.

More Later....

No comments: